We get lots of travel questions about visiting Boston, and enjoy providing answers - because if you're wondering about something, probably someone else is too. So instead of sending an answer to just the person who asked, we write short Q&A articles and post them on Boston Discovery Guide for everyone to see.
In case you'd like to see a FAQ list with some of the frequently-asked questions we've answered, you can find it below, as well as a link to our contact form if you'd like to ask a question.
You can also use the Search function at the top of the page to find specific information on the website.
Top Photo: Boston Common with Park Street Church (Freedom Trail site) in the background
Your Questions - and Boston Discovery Guide's Answers
Getting from Boston's Flynn Cruise Terminal to Boston Logan Airport
What is the best transportation to take from the Boston cruise terminal to Boston Logan Airport after our cruise? We'll have all our bags with us . . .
Arriving at the airport and cruising out in the evening . . . Suggestions for the day?
We arrive at Logan Airport in the morning and will be cruising out of the CruisePort Terminal that evening. We're a group of 16, and given that we'll have a luggage with us, what do you suggest for the day . . . ?
Questions about Things to Do & See in Boston
Running the Charles River Loop . . . Where To Find Water Fountains?
I would like to go for a run around the Charles River when I visit, and am wondering if . . .
Visiting Boston in November - Travel Tips for a First-Time Boston Visitor
I am planning a 4-day stay in Boston in mid-November - I am traveling by myself, no car, and staying in . . .
Boston Marathon Questions
Best RV Camp Near the Boston Marathon - Where to Stay?
I will be traveling to Boston for the Marathon on April 16th next year, and I would like to travel by RV and camp for a few days with my young family . . .
Boston Marathon Race Day Temperature - What Should We Expect?
Is there a record of the high temperatures for each Boston Marathon? I'm planning to run in the Marathon - so I'd like to see what the high temperature was on each day the Boston Marathon . . .
Boston Marathon Day Transportation Options: Cab or Subway from Back Bay to Brookline?
I will be getting off the Commuter Rail at Back Bay station on Boston Marathon Day - Monday, April 16 around 1 pm. Will I be able to take a cab from there to my home on Beacon Street . . .
How to Find a Photographer to Photograph a Boston Marathon Runner?
How can we book a photographer to take a picture of one of the runners? A:
Great question! I'm assuming you've thought of the obvious things . . .
Hotel & Where to Stay Questions
Hotels near Boston CityPASS Attractions
We are going to be in Boston in early July with our 2 kids, and are looking for a hotel close to the Boston CityPASS and the July 4th fireworks show . . .
RV Parking Questions
RV Parking for Peabody Archaeology Museum at Harvard
My wife and I will be visiting the Peabody Museum in June. We will be driving our 31 foot Fleetwood Tioga motorhome (Class C) and are wondering what is the best way . . .
Where can we park an RV in Boston?
I'm interested in RV parking near Boston. Are there any RV parking places at or near public transportation to Boston? . ..
RV Parking near Boston Subway (T) Stations
If you do not want to park and stay at a campsite when visiting Boston, are there any alternatives for RV parking near the city - or especially near a …
RV Parking in the Boston area
We are driving an RV across country and would like to visit Lexington/Concord area one day and then Boston downtown area the next and then down to Plymouth. …
Where can we park an RV in Boston?
We are staying at Wompatuck State Park with our 30 foot RV and want to visit Boston from there. Is there any parking facility for RVs in Boston? ...
Boston Romance Question
Romantic Boston: December Suggestions
Hello! My name is Shelly. I moved to Massachusetts about a year ago but I don't know much about the state. My boyfriend of three years lives in Florida and he is coming to visit . . .
New England Patriots & Super Bowl Questions
Celebrating Super Bowl in Boston near TD Garden
My Fiancé and I plan on going to the Celtics Game Sunday before the Super Bowl festivities/Game start. We are wondering where . . .
Super Bowl Parties at Boston Bars
Can you suggest which Boston bars are hosting Super Bowl parties where you pay a cover charge and are therefore guaranteed . . .
Boston Statues wearing Patriots Shirts
Which statues are decked out in Pats shirts? I want to come in to Boston to celebrate, and don't want to miss . . .
Have any questions about Boston Travel not already answered here? Drop us a line, and we'll do our best to answer.
Fun Ways to See Boston
Find a Hotel for Your Boston Visit
Enter your dates to see available hotels and rates:
More about how to save on Boston hotels
Our Most Popular Articles about Visiting Boston
- Cheap Flights to Boston - Where to search for the cheapest deals and find discounted last-minute plane fares
- Boston Hotel Guide - Best hotels in each neighborhood, near popular attractions, for top holidays and events, at different price points from cheap to luxury, and even the city's newest hotels
- Fun Events - Find out what's happening each month
- Top 10 Boston Attractions - Coming for your first visit? Here are 10 of our most famous attractions
- Popular Tours & Cruises - Fun ways to see the city
- Boston Entertainment - Concerts, theater, shows, comedy clubs, restaurants, and more
- Boston Sports - With four winning pro teams, Boston never has an "off" season
- Shopping Destinations - A complete guide from shopping malls to Christmas markets, discount outlet malls to Newbury Street designer boutiques - plus lots more places to shop
- Boston Neighborhoods - Explore our distinctive central city districts - all within close walking distance of each other
- Top Kids Activities - These fun things to do will please the whole family
- Boston's Historic Taverns - It's always cool to eat and drink in the same pubs where Revolutionary War heroes raised their glasses (Prefer wine? We also have some really awesome wine bars)
- Boston Sightseeing Guide - Our neighborhood map and more