Looking for FAQs about Boston travel?
We get lots of travel questions about visiting Boston, and enjoy providing answers - because if you're wondering about something, probably someone else is too. So instead of sending an answer to just the person who asked, we write short ( and occasionally long) Q&A articles and post them on Boston Discovery Guide.
So if you have a Boston travel question, check out our FAQ list below to see if it's among the frequently-asked questions we've already answered.
Not on the list? Use the link to our contact form (also below) to to ask your question.
Or use the Search function at the top of this page in case the answer to your question is already included in our regular content.
Top photo: Boston Common with Brewers Fountain in front and Park Street Church (Freedom Trail site) in the background, (c) Boston Discovery Guide
Boston Discovery Guide is a reader-supported publication. When you buy through our links, we may earn a commission at no additional cost for you. Learn more
Your Questions - and Boston Discovery Guide's Answers
- Getting from Boston's Flynn Cruise Terminal to Boston Logan Airport
What is the best transportation to take from the Boston cruise terminal to Boston Logan Airport after our cruise? We'll have all our bags with us . . .
- Cruise Terminal Address, Hotel Recommendations, & Freedom Trail Information
I'm hoping you can help me with this question...for the life of me I cannot locate an address for the Black Falcon cruise terminal. Also, can you recommend nearby hotels and a Freedom Trail tour?
Arriving at the airport and cruising out in the evening . . . Suggestions for the day?
We arrive at Logan Airport in the morning and will be cruising out of the CruisePort Terminal that evening. We're a group of 16, and given that we'll have a luggage with us, what do you suggest for the day . . . ?
- Where to rent a car near Cruiseport?
I will be arriving at Flynn Black Falcon Cruise Port and would like to rent a car so that I can see some of Boston. Are there any agencies nearby?
Where to Store Luggage?
- Luggage storage lockers at Boston Logan Airport to use during a layover
Are there lockers at Boston Logan airport to store luggage while you take in some of the sights while waiting for your flight?
What to Do & See in Boston?
- Best ways for seniors to get around Boston while sightseeing
What is the best way for two active Seniors to travel around Boston city sights for 3 or 4 days? We're 75 years old.
- Fun (and affordable) things to do for a group of teens visiting Boston for the day
We are bringing a group of 24 teens to Boston for the day. The focus of the day is to have fun and keep it cheap! Recommendations?
- 8-hour layover at Logan Airport between flights . . . 1-Day Boston Sightseeing Itineraries
We are only afforded about 8 hours before our flight leaves back to the UK - how should we spend out day in Boston?
- Running the Charles River Loop . . . Where To Find Water Fountains?
I would like to go for a run around the Charles River when I visit, and am wondering if there are water fountains or should I bring my own water supply?
- Visiting Boston in November - Travel Tips for a First-Time Boston Visitor
I am planning a 4-day stay in Boston in mid-November - I am traveling by myself, with no car, and looking for travel tips - it's my first stay!
- Experience New England Shore Food at a City Seafood Shack
I'm looking for the name of a Boston seafood restaurant where they give you a rock to crack open the lobsters.
Questions about Shopping in Boston
- Transportation to Wrentham Premium Outlets from Boston
What is the best/easiest way to get to the out of town shopping area at Wrentham Village?
Boston Marathon Questions
- Best RV Camp Near the Boston Marathon - Where to Stay?
I will be traveling to Boston for the Marathon on April 16th next year, and I would like to travel by RV and camp for a few days with my young family . . .
- Boston Marathon Race Day Temperature - What Should We Expect?
Is there a record of the high temperatures for each Boston Marathon? I'm planning to run in the Marathon - so I'd like to see what the high temperature was on each day the Boston Marathon . . .
- Boston Marathon Day Transportation Options: Cab or Subway from Back Bay to Brookline?
I will be getting off the Commuter Rail at Back Bay station on Boston Marathon Day - Monday, April 16 around 1 pm. Will I be able to take a cab from there to my home on Beacon Street . . .
- How to Find a Photographer to Photograph a Boston Marathon Runner?
How can we book a photographer to take a picture of one of the runners? A: Great question! I'm assuming you've thought of the obvious things . . .
Questions about Hotels & Where to Stay
- Hotels near Boston CityPASS Attractions
We are going to be in Boston in early July with our 2 kids, and are looking for a hotel close to the Boston CityPASS and the July 4th fireworks show . . .
- Best Hotels for Fireworks & Boston Pops on July 4th
Can you recommend some hotels that are within walking distance of Boston's fireworks and the Pops Concert?
- Why You Can't See & Hear Boston's July 4th Fireworks & Concert from Most Hotels
Is there a good Boston hotel to stay in where you can both hear the concert and see the fireworks on July 4th?
- Where to Stay near Fenway Park & House of Blues?
Four of us are coming to Boston for the weekend for a Red Sox game. We thought we'd also go to House of Blues because it's near Fenway Park. Where's the best place to stay?
- Cheaper Hotels Outside of Central Boston
I am looking to travel to Boston for a concert. Hotels downtown seem rather expensive. Is there an area outside of the downtown core . . .
Questions about Parking in Boston
- Metered parking in Boston
Do you have to put money in the parking meters along Boston streets on Saturday?
- Parking garages near the Boston Marriott Copley Place Hotel
Is there a garage close by that is cheaper than the hotel's parking?
- Parking for oversized vehicles & vans in Boston
How can we know which parking places accept 12 passenger vans?
- Long-term parking for Boston visitors
Where can I park a car for 9 days while I take a bus tour of New England?
RV Parking Questions
- RV parking for Peabody Archaeology Museum at Harvard
My wife and I will be visiting the Peabody Museum in June. We will be driving our 31 foot Fleetwood Tioga motorhome (Class C) and are wondering what is the best way . . .
- Where can we park an RV in Boston?
I'm interested in RV parking near Boston. Are there any RV parking places at or near public transportation to Boston? . ..
- RV parking near Boston subway ("T") stations
If you do not want to park and stay at a campsite when visiting Boston, are there any alternatives for RV parking near the city - or especially near a …
- RV parking in the Boston area
We are driving an RV across country and would like to visit Lexington/Concord area one day and then Boston downtown area the next and then down to Plymouth. …
- Where can we park an RV in Boston?
We are staying at Wompatuck State Park with our 30 foot RV and want to visit Boston from there. Is there any parking facility for RVs in Boston? ...
Boston Romance Question
- Romantic Boston: December Suggestions
Hello! My name is Shelly. I moved to Massachusetts about a year ago but I don't know much about the state. My boyfriend of three years lives in Florida and he is coming to visit . . .
Boston Event FAQs
- First Night Fireworks on New Years Eve
Where is a good place to watch the New Year's fireworks on Boston Harbor? Preferably a short distance from restaurants . . .
- Where to eat (including vegetarian options) in Chinatown and Back Bay on New Year's Eve
Folks I know are going to Chinatown for dinner and then to First Night fireworks on Boston Common at 7 pm. Where do you suggest getting something to eat if not Chinatown, like around Copley Square?
New England Patriots & Super Bowl Questions
- Celebrating Super Bowl in Boston near TD Garden
My Fiancé and I plan on going to the Celtics Game Sunday before the Super Bowl festivities/Game start. We are wondering where . . .
- Super Bowl Parties at Boston Bars
Can you suggest which Boston bars are hosting Super Bowl parties where you pay a cover charge and are therefore guaranteed . . .
- Boston Statues wearing Patriots Shirts
Which statues are decked out in Pats shirts? I want to come in to Boston to celebrate, and don't want to miss . .
Entertainment & Nightlife Questions
- Bringing Your Kids to House of Blues Boston
Can we bring our kids to House of Blues?
Have a question about Boston Travel that's not already answered here? Drop us a line, and we'll do our best to answer.
Fun Ways to See Boston
Find a Hotel for Your Boston Visit
Enter your dates to see available hotels and rates:Booking.com
Our Most Popular Articles about Visiting Boston
- Cheap Flights to Boston - Where to search for the cheapest deals and find discounted last-minute plane fares
- Boston Hotel Guide - Best hotels in each neighborhood, near popular attractions, for top holidays and events, at different price points from cheap to luxury, and even the city's newest hotels
- Fun Events - Find out what's happening each month
- Top 10 Boston Attractions - Coming for your first visit? Here are 10 of our most famous attractions
- Popular Tours & Cruises - Fun ways to see the city
- Boston Entertainment - Concerts, theater, shows, comedy clubs, restaurants, and more
- Boston Sports - With four winning pro teams, Boston never has an "off" season
- Shopping Destinations - A complete guide from shopping malls to Christmas markets, discount outlet malls to Newbury Street designer boutiques - plus lots more places to shop
- Boston Neighborhoods - Explore our distinctive central city districts - all within close walking distance of each other
- Top Kids Activities - These fun things to do will please the whole family
- Boston's Historic Taverns - It's always cool to eat and drink in the same pubs where Revolutionary War heroes raised their glasses (Prefer wine? We also have some really awesome wine bars)
- Boston Sightseeing Guide - Our neighborhood map and more