Welcome to BostonDiscoveryGuide.com, an independent online travel guide created with enthusiasm by real people who live here, experience all the events, attractions, and fun things to do, and enjoy sharing them with you.
Our goal? Giving you the information you need to make the most of your trip to Boston, whether you're coming for the first time or know the city well.
Boston has its roots in Colonial times - and you'll find plenty of authentic sites to explore, including a few Revolutionary War era taverns (beer has always been the favorite brew here), and the city's famous Freedom Trail past 16 historic sites.
But it's also a vibrant modern waterfront city with a thriving theater district, four winning pro sports teams, a passion for music fueled by numerous shows on any given night, a foodie culture with lots of excellent chef-owned restaurants, and wonderful places to shop all over the city.
If you're visiting with kids or teens, you'll find lots of family-friendly attractions and activities - best of all, many are free or low-cost.
If you just like to explore and experience the "real" Boston - see the city as a traveler instead of a tourist - start with the city's eclectic mix of distinct neighborhoods, or walk the length our linear parks such as the Esplanade, the Rose Kennedy Greenway, or Harborwalk along the waterfront.
Top photo: Boston Harbor waterfront near Christopher Columbus Park, Marriott Long Wharf Hotel, and the North End, (c) Boston Discovery Guide
Boston Discovery Guide is a reader-supported publication. When you buy through our links, we may earn a commission at no additional cost for you. Learn more
Want to Get Started Exploring Boston?
Here are some of our 12 most popular articles to help you plan your trip to Boston:
- Cheap Flights to Boston - Where to search for the cheapest deals and find discounted last-minute plane fares
- Boston Hotel Guide - Best hotels in each neighborhood, near popular attractions, for top holidays and events, at different price points from cheap to luxury, and even the city's newest hotels
- Fun Events - Find out what's happening each month
- Top 10 Boston Attractions - Coming for your first visit? Here are 10 of our most famous attractions
- Popular Tours & Cruises - Fun ways to see the city
- Boston Entertainment - Concerts, theater, shows, comedy clubs, restaurants, and more
- Boston Sports - With four winning pro teams, we never have an "off" season
- Shopping Destinations - A complete guide from shopping malls to Christmas markets, discount outlet malls to Newbury Street designer boutiques - plus lots more places to shop
- Boston Neighborhoods - Explore our distinctive central city districts - all within close walking distance of each other
- Top Kids Activities - These fun things to do will please the whole family
- Boston's Historic Taverns - Always fun to eat and drink where Revolutionary War heroes raised their glasses (prefer wine? We also have some awesome wine bars)
- Boston Sightseeing Guide - Our neighborhood map and more
Thank you for visiting Boston Discovery Guide - and have a fantastic time in Boston!
Publisher, Boston Discovery Guide
More Articles about Visiting Boston
Fun Things to Do & See in Boston
Find a Hotel for Your Boston Visit
Enter your dates to see available hotels and rates: