South Boston Waterfront hotels put you right in the middle of Boston's most sizzling neighborhood, which includes the Seaport area along the Harbor and the Fort Point area between Fort Point Channel and the Massachusetts Convention Center.
All of these hotels are convenient to the Convention Center, the Black Falcon Cruise Terminal (aka "CruisePort"), and the Blue Hills Bank Pavilion, site of Boston's top concerts throughout the summer and early fall.
All target business and luxury leisure travelers, so depending on which one you book, you can enjoy amenities such as rooftop bars, recreational facilities such as indoor atrium swimming pools, and exciting public spaces.
Best of all, they put you only 5-10 minutes from Boston Logan Airport by cab or water taxi, plus all the neighborhood's trendy restaurants and nightlife, museums, concert stages, and boutiques are at your doorstep.
The Westin Boston Waterfront connects directly to the Boston Convention and Exposition Center (BCEC) through a sky tunnel. If you're attending an event at the Convention Center, the Westin will be your most convenient choice.
As a bonus, the Westin even boasts an onsite comedy club, Laugh Boston.
A Silver Line transit stop in front of the BCEC gives you easy access (5 minutes or less) to Boston's South Station and Downtown Boston. Alternately, you can easily walk there (8-10 minutes).
Seaport Boston Hotel
With 18 floors soaring high over the harbor, Seaport Boston Hotel gives you terrific water views as well as the convenience of connecting to the World Trade Center, home to many events such as the annual Flower and Garden Show.
Spirit of Boston lunch and dinner cruises depart across the street from the hotel. ICA (Institute of Contemporary Art), the Boston Children's Museum, and Blue Hills Bank Pavilion are all just a short walk away.
Yotel Boston offers something different: luxurious but super-compact rooms (Yotel calls them "cabins") giving guests "everything they need and nothing they don't" combined with a club-like lounge, a rooftop terrace with a restaurant and bar, and an excellent location in the heart of the Seaport district - all at a very affordable price.
Since the hotel is directly across from the MBTA's Silver Line Courthouse stop, you can easily take the "T" directly to and from the airport - or opt for a water taxi.
Need more space? Larger (and pricier) cabins and even 2-room suites are also available.
Residence Inn Seaport
Comfortable accommodations and fun public spaces provide all of the comforts of home at the Residence Inn Seaport.
However, this Marriott Residence Inn offers a twist: its 120 suites and studios occupy a former 6-story red-brick firehouse. With 12 foot ceilings, glass elevators, and lots of firehouse artifacts, you can enjoy the unique historical space whether you are here just overnight or for an extended stay.
Enjoy the complimentary breakfast - and the convenient location near museums, the Boston Tea Party Ship, the Spirit of Boston harbor cruise ship, and of course the neighborhood's lively restaurants and nightlife.
The new 6-floor Envoy Hotel offers sleekly elegant decor, water and city views, and a couple of amenities that set it apart from other hotels in the South Boston Waterfront: The Lookout, a rooftop bar offering small bites and cocktails, and complementary bicycles to enjoy during your stay.
The hotel's Fort Point location puts it right in the middle of the neighborhood's fine dining options, and just a short walk from the Children's Museum, the Boston Tea Party Museum, and art galleries.
Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel
Renaissance Waterfront Hotel offers the same mix of high-end business hotel amenities as the other hotels in the neighborhood, which means you'll have a very comfortable stay.
Like the Seaport Hotel, the Renaissance is only a block or two (depending on how you count) from the BCEC, as well as being close to all the other neighborhood attractions.
Preferred guest program: Marriott
This map shows major attractions, museums, restaurants, hotels, Blue Hills Bank Pavilion, and the Black Falcon Cruise Terminal, Boston Convention and Exposition Center, and Boston Design Center.
With 5 excellent but fairly similar hotels to choose from in this neighborhood, how do you pick one?
Here are our suggestions:
- If you're attending a function at the Boston Convention and Exposition Center, pick the Westin for the convenience of an on-site hotel directly connected to the Convention Center
- If you're attending a function at Seaport World Trade Center and want an on-site hotel, your choice is equally easy: pick the Seaport Hotel
- If you're spending a few days in Boston before a cruise departing from the Black Falcon Cruise Terminal, the Seaport and Renaissance hotels are slightly closer than the Westin and Residence Inn, and are also closer to the Blue Hills Bank Pavilion and Harpoon Brewery
- If you want to explore the trendy Fort Point restaurants and art galleries, the Children's Museum, and ICA, or have the shortest walk to the Financial District and Rose Kennedy Greenway, choose the Residence Inn Seaport or Envoy Hotel
What if none of these factors apply?
Make reservations in whichever hotel offers the cheapest rate.
You'll be happy in any of them. And they are all within a few blocks of each other, as well as the other Seaport attractions.
With conventions, CruisePort, the Blue Hills Bank Pavilion, and a sizzling nightlife scene creating huge competition for reservations at the 5 South Boston Waterfront hotels, you may try to book a room only to find that they're all full.
Fortunately, you can find three excellent downtown hotels just a short distance away:
- Intercontinental Hotel Boston - Downtown Waterfront location with lovely views, impeccable service, and luxury accommodations
- Boston Harbor Hotel - Summer in the City jazz concerts, Movies by Moonlight, and site of the Boston Wine Festival, attracting guests from all over the world
- Langham Hotel - Boston's Financial District; a luxury option with surprisingly affordable rates at times, especially on the weekends - enjoy their Chocolate Bar and their spa, one of the best in Boston