Boston restaurants offer up memorable food as varied as the city's rich history. Featuring the best local and New England ingredients and a mix of flavors from around the world, our talented chefs serve up something for every taste and budget.
With almost 3,000 Boston restaurants - many of them chef-owned - to choose from, you'll find wonderful places to dine in every neighborhood in the city.
So where should you dine, especially if you're a visitor to Boston and not familiar with all the options?
To make sure you get the most from your dining experience, start with Boston Discovery Guide's recommendations for restaurants by location, such as near the Theatre District, famed Fenway Park, or Chinatown.
Or find the top restaurants offering your favorite type of cuisine - fresh local seafood straight from the dock, mouth-watering Italian favorites, steakhouses, French classics, Asian.
Savor Boston's history by sampling the fare at historic taverns and restaurants. Experience our sports culture by enjoying pub food and big screens in our top sports bars.
Plus, there's a lot more to enjoy: food trucks, farmers markets, food and wine festivals, and some of the best food tours anywhere. So bring your appetite, and we'll take care of the rest!
You'll love the Boston Harbor views and wonderful food at these lively Seaport restaurants . . . More
5 Chinatown restaurants where you'll love the food as well as the fun ambiance . . . More
This super-fashionable neighborhood offers a vast array of excellent places to dine . . . More
With the highest percentage of chef-owned restaurants in the city, the South End offers an eclectic mix of excellent dining . . . More
Where to enjoy the freshest seafood in Boston - lobster, clams, shrimp, swordfish, and more! . . . More
Where to enjoy Thanksgiving dinners & buffets - plus a few alternatives . . . More
Indulge in Irish cuisine, Guinness, and cheer in these corners of Ireland in Boston . . . More
Almost 200 years old and serving up the freshest seafood, this historic restaurant near Faneuil Markeplace boasts one of the city's best oyster bars . . . More
- Cheap Eats in Boston - Insider's tips about where to find great food at affordable prices in Boston
- Boston Dinner Cruises - Combine gourmet dining with sightseeing tours around the Harbor on these luxury cruise boats
- Boston Wine Tasting Festivals - Winter and early spring bring two wine (and dine) events to the city
- Dine Out Boston - Twice each year, the city's top restaurants go on sale
- Dine Out Boston Reservation Strategies - Want to snag Dine Out reservations at the city's top restaurants? Find out how ...
- Boston Food Truck Locations - Where to find these popular kitchens on wheels
- How to Steam a Lobster - In case you want to dine on lobster at home
- How to Boil a Lobster - Another way to prepare this popular treat at home
- Cookbooks by Top Boston Chefs - Find out how to prepare a taste of Boston at home