Want to know where to go to celebrate Super Bowl Sunday in Boston?
Super Bowl is big in Boston, whether or not the Pats are playing - but when they are, the city sizzles with excitement!
Even though the Patriots won't be returning to the Super Bowl for the 7th time this year, you'll find plenty of parties and other events going on right here in Boston.
Can't bear to miss being at the game in person? Find where to get Super Bowl tickets, cheap flights, and hotel reservations.
Staying in Boston? We recommend prime spots for viewing, cheering, and celebrating - as well as a few other things to do if Super Bowl is not your thing.
1. Boston Sports Bars Hosting Parties
Patriots fans will pack every sport bar in the city. You can expect all the sports bars around Fenway and TD Garden to attract plenty of fans, but with plenty of big screens, you'll have a good chance at a great view.
Parties aren't too common this year since the Pats aren't playing, but check out these Boston bars hosting Super Bowl viewing parties:
- Banners Big Game House Party (82 Causeway Street next to TD Garden | West End) - Watch the game on the biggest screen in Boston with Super Bowl Sunday apps and 50+ brews on tap. Tickets $50/person with a 4-person minimum - details on website
- The Greatest Bar Super Bowl Party (262 Friend Street, West End near TD Garden; 617-755-9577) - Four floors and dozens of big and huge screens. Reserve group seats and VIP booths. 4:30pm-2am - Tickets start at $5 for one and go up to $150 for VIP seating for 5 - link to tickets on their website
- The Smoke Shop BBQ - (One Kendall Square, Cambridge, website) - Tickets from $29 (general admission) -$75/person, depending on seating and other amenities - don't miss the BBQ Buffet dinner!
- Lansdowne Pub (9 Lansdowne Street, near Fenway Park) - Watch the game on the big screen while enjoying wings and beverages, 6:30-10:30pm - No cover, but reservations required. Find details on their website
- Cask 'n Flagon (62 Brookline Ave, near Fenway Park, 617-536-4840) - Featuring special tailgate platters
- McGreevy's (911 Boylston St, Back Bay, 617-262-0911) - Watch the game on the 20+ HDTVs
Don't forget to wear your Patriots gear, and come ready to have some serious fun!
2. More Places with Big Screens in Boston
Want to avoid the crowds at Boston's sports bars but still watch the big game with like-minded folk in a convivial setting and perhaps enjoy a good meal?
Virtually every restaurant in the city has a bar, and almost every bar in Boston has several or more big HD screens.
- North 26 - 26 North Street) near Faneuil Marketplace
- Warren Tavern - 2 Pleasant Street, Charlestown and other historic Boston bars
- Marliave - 10 Bosworth Street, Downtown Crossing - Happy Hour specials ($1.50 oysters, clams, shrimp) before (4pm-6pm) and after (9pm-10pm) the game
- Earl's Kitchen + Bar - Assembly Row and Prudential Center
- The original Cheers - 84 Beacon Street,
- La Cucina - Assembly Row - Go for drinks and munchies at the bar, or enjoy the innovative Italian cuisine for dinner
3. See the Super Bowl Up Close
Hey, Super Bowl happens only once a year, and whether or not the Pats play in it, nothing beats watching it in person - so get your tickets and hop on a plane!
Got your Super Bowl tickets? Now check out Priceline's last minute deals on flights. Book a hotel room and rental car while you're at it.
Now all you have to do is pack your Patriots gear, hop on that plane, and get ready for a memorable experience!
4. Patriot Place - Celebrate on the Patriots' Home Territory
True, Super Bowl does not take place at Gillette Stadium - but you can still head down to Foxborough, have a tailgate party in the parking lot, and then watch the game at any of the great sports bars in Patriot Place next to Gillette.
If you're planning to party, don't drive back to Boston unless you have a designated driver. Stay at the Renaissance Hotel at Patriot Place or one of the other nearby hotels. Since the Super Bowl is not at Gillette (but maybe some year?), you should be able to get attractive rates.
Going to Gillette Stadium for a game or concert or to Patriot Place for shopping? Stay in a convenient nearby hotel, such as the spectacular Renaissance Boston at Patriot Place:
More comfortable hotels near Gillette Stadium:
- Residence Inn Boston Foxborough
- The Hilton Garden Inn Patriot Place
- The Courtyard Hotel in Foxborough
- Comfort Inn Foxborough
5. Have a Non-Sports Day
Let's face it - not everyone loves football, even if the Patriots are playing in the Super Bowl.
If that describe you, you'll find plenty of reasons to enjoy Super Bowl in Sunday without seeing a single football player.
Once the game starts, Boston will appear to be deserted, as long as you're not in a sports bar or anywhere else with a big screen.
This is your chance to enjoy your favorite activities without having to compete with other fans for tickets, parking, or reservations.
Just remember that once the game ends, people will surge out into the streets again - hopefully to celebrate!
Q & A about Super Bowl Celebrations: You Ask, We'll Answer
New England Patriots - More to Know
When Does Super Bowl Take Place?
The date for Super Bowl varies each year - but you can easily predict when it will be.
Just find the date for Labor Day, the first Monday in September. Super Bowl is always on a Sunday exactly 5 months away.
So, for example, if Labor Day falls on Monday, September 1 in 2021, Super Bowl takes place on Sunday, February 8, 2021.
More about Sports in Boston
More Articles about the New England Patriots
- New England Patriots Schedule - Don't miss any of their games!
- Gillette Stadium - Everything you need to know
- Patriot Place - Find out about entertainment, shopping, and restaurants at Patriot Place next Gillette Stadium
- Boston sports bars - Best places to watch Super Bowl (when you can't be there in person)
- More about Boston Sports - Find out about all of Boston's winning sports teams
Need a Boston Hotel or Apartment?
Use this handy map from Booking.com to find the perfect place to stay. Just enter your dates to find what's available, see the best rates, and make your reservations.