Is there a record of the high temperatures for each Boston Marathon?
I'm planning to run in the Marathon - so I'd like to see what the hottest temperature was on each day the Boston Marathon has been run. That way, maybe I'll know what to expect?
With so much news coverage about the temperature hitting 90 degrees for the Boston Marathon several years ago, we were curious too, and dug deep into Boston weather statistics.
Boston weather does have lots of variation from day to day, and as you will see, this holds true from year to year as well.
Bottom line - this is a case where you probably can't predict the future by looking at the past.
For last-minute preparations and packing, you should check weather predictions a few days before the race.
But for advance planning purposes, expect the worst in terms of running conditions . . . because it might happen (again)!
You can find the information here: Boston Marathon Weather - Year by Year Statistics Revealed
Thanks for asking this pertinent question!
Hope you have a wonderful time in Boston, and best of success in the Marathon!
More Fun Ways to See Boston
Check Out More Top Boston Events Each Month
More Articles about the Boston Marathon
- More about the Boston Marathon
- Boston Marathon Hotels
- More about Boston's subway - Tips, route map, fares, why some entrances are marked "Outbound" and some are marked "Inbound" - and everything else you need to know about the T
- Best Boston Maps - The one we recommend most highly is FREE
- Top Boston Attractions - Places you won't want to miss!
- More questions (and our answers) about the Marathon
Need a Boston Hotel or Apartment?
Use this handy map from Booking.com to find the perfect place to stay. Just enter your dates to find what's available, see the best rates, and make your reservations.