Boston's biggest New Year's Eve party may be the gala (and free) First Night Celebration, but dozens of other fun New Year's Eve parties take place all over the city in hotels, bars, restaurants, and on cruise boats with music, dancing, and of course plenty of champagne.
Some New Year's Eve parties in Boston are ticketed events where you'll want to get your tickets in advance to reserve a spot - especially those where discount tickets may be available.
Other New Year's Eve events charge covers, but you can get into some just for the price of a drink.
Here's our Ultimate Guide to New Year's Eve Parties in Boston. Have fun, and Happy New Year!
Discount tickets to these events usually sell out - so don't wait to get yours!
- Boston's Best New Year's Eve Party @ The Castle at Park Plaza - Goldstar $69, Full price $115
- All That Glitters New Year's Eve Ball - The Point (Boston)- Goldstar $10; Full price $20
- Champagne Resolutions New Year's Eve @ Clarks (Faneuil Hall) - Goldstar Comp-$5, full price $20
- Ultrasonic Rock Orchestra: New Year's Eve Spectacular - Regent Theatre, Arlington - Goldstar $12-$22, full price $42
- New Year's Celebration with Boston Baroque @ Sanders Theatre on Dec 31 and Jan 1 - Goldstar $13-$38, Full price $25-$75
- New Year's Eve Fireworks Cruise - Boston Harbor - Goldstar $146; Full price $194
- New Year's Day Brunch Cruise - Boston Harbor - Goldstar $47; Full price $79
- Shear Magic - Charles Playhouse - Goldstar $22-$37; Full price $56
Tickets to many of these New Year's Eve parties may sell out quickly - so to avoid disappointment, please call the venue to confirm availability before you go! Most are 21+ (be prepared to show valid U.S. government ID or international passport), and those that require tickets typically offer no refunds if you're a no-show by their entrance cut-off time. Tickets may require a small booking fee.
- New Year's Eve Party at Lir (903 Boylston Street; 617-778-0089) - Ring in the New Year at this popular Irish sports bar. Enjoy favorite hits from the past year, and a Champagne Toast at midnight! Enter as early as 8pm; entrance after 11pm guaranteed. Tickets $10
Tickets & more info: www.lironboylston.com
- New Year's Eve Sazerac Ball at The Smoke Shop BBQ (25 Hampshire Street, Cambridge) - Usher in the New Year with an evening of BBQ, dancing, celebration, and live music - doesn't get better than that! Tickets are $80, and include a Basil Hayden Rye Sazerac, a glass of sparking wine at midnight, a New Orleans-style BBQ buffet, and a fried chicken buffet at midnight. 6pm - 2am.
Tickets & more info: www.thesmokeshopbbq.com/
- Night Circus: New Year's Eve Celebration at the Liberty Hotel (215 Charles Street; 617-224-4004) - Welcome the New Year at this popular party with top Boston DJs, dancing, and live performances by the Boston Circus Guild on all levels at the Liberty. Light buffet included until 11pm. Doors open at 8pm; all must enter by 11pm. Tickets $95 general admission, VIP table $2,000 for up to 10 people (includes bottle of Gray Goose vodka and a Magnum bottle of Taittinger Brut). Stay at the Liberty - Rates and reservations
Tickets & more info: https://libertyhotel.com
- New Year's Eve Bash at Harpoon Brewery & Beer Hall (306 Northern Ave) - Dance the night away with DJ Brian Smith spinning hits from the '80s and '90s, and watch the Times Square ball drop at midnight from the dance floor. Tickets are $90, and include 3 beer tokens, a handmade pretzel, hors d’oeuvres, dessert, unlimited tasting of beers throughout the night, and a take-home gift. 8pm-1am.
Tickets & more info: www.harpoonbrewery.com
- Cask 'N Flagon's New Year's Eve Bash (62 Brookline Ave; firstname.lastname@example.org) - Tickets $55, which includes party favors and Champagne toast at midnight. Coat check available for $5. No dress code, but no bags allowed. Doors open at 9pm, and you should arrive by 11pm, as entrance after 11pm is subject to capacity restrictions.
Tickets & more info: http://casknflagon.com
- Bodega Canal (57 Canal Street; 617-536-4840) - Tickets $40, which a drink ticket for margarita, beer, or wine, and Champagne toast at midnight. Must arrive before 10pm, and party runs until 2am.
Tickets & more info: www.bodegacanal.com/
- James Bond Theme NY's Eve party at Yotel Boston's Lounge Rooftop + Terrace (65 Seaport Blvd; 617-377-4747) - Tickets $100/per person or $550 for a group of 6. Ticket includes casino royale tables with roulette and blackjack, hors d'oeuvres, party favors, countdown, and Champagne toast at midnight. 8pm - 2am. Want to stay over? Check rates & book
Tickets & more info: www.yotel.com/en/hotels/yotel-boston
- New Year's Eve at The Point: The Great Black & Gold Masquerade (147 Hanover Street; 617-523-7020) - Bring in the New Year on The Point's top floor with DJ Meldoyz. Tickets are $30-$50, and include 2nd floor access, DJ and dancing, hot and cold appetizers, party favors, swag and goodie bags, and Champagne Toast at midnight. Doors open at 8pm, and you must check in by 10pm.
Tickets & more info: https://www.thepointboston.net
Welcome the New Year while partying aboard the elegant Yacht Northern Lights on these special New Year's Eve and New Year's Day cruises around Boston Harbor:
More holiday cruises: