Boston's biggest New Year's Eve party may be the gala (and free) First Night celebration, but dozens of other fun New Year's Eve parties take place all over the city in hotels, bars, restaurants, and on cruise boats with music, dancing, and of course plenty of champagne.
Some New Year's Eve parties in Boston are ticketed events where you'll want to get your reservations in advance to secure a spot - especially those where discount tickets may be available.
Other New Year's Eve events charge covers, but you can get into some just for the price of a drink.
Here's our Ultimate Guide to New Year's Eve Parties in Boston.
More New Year's Eve Parties in Boston - Raise Your Glass to the Coming Year!
(These events are for last year - look for similar events for 2019)
Tickets to many of these New Year's Eve parties may sell out quickly - so to avoid disappointment, please get your tickets in advance, or call the venue to confirm availability before you go! Most are 21+ (be prepared to show valid U.S. government ID or international passport), and those that require tickets typically offer no refunds if you're a no-show by their entrance cut-off time.
In case you want to party with your friends all night without worrying about having a designated driver, we've added links for nearby hotels. And don't forget to check out these New Year's Eve hotel specials.
- New Year's Eve Party at Lir (903 Boylston Street; 617-778-0089) - Ring in the New Year at this popular Irish sports bar. Enjoy favorite hits from the past year, and a Champagne Toast at midnight! Enter as early as 8pm; entrance after 11pm guaranteed. Tickets $12 Tickets & more info: www.lironboylston.com Stay nearby: Sheraton Boston Hotel
- Baby New Year's Party - Whole Family Celebration at The Smoke Shop BBQ (325 Assembly Row, Somerville) - Fun activities, games, and delicious BBQ for the whole family to enjoy, with kid-friendly food as well as adult favorites and a "ball drop" at 5pm. Special appearance by Kevin Bacon, the Smoke Shop's BBQ Pig! 3pm - 5:30pm. Tickets & more info: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/baby-new-years-a-celebration-for-the-whole-family-tickets-53104233191 Stay nearby: The Row Hotel at Assembly Row
- Ring in New Year's Eve the Right Way - The Kirkland Tap & Trotter (425 Washington St, Somerville) - Doors open at 9pm with live music from 10pm-1am, taco bar, raw oysters, and a midnight toast. Tickets & more info: www.kirklandtapandtrotter.com
- New Year's Eve at the Lansdowne Pub (9 Lansdowne Street, Fenway) - 8pm - Live music all night, Champagne Toast, balloon drop. Dress to impress! Tickets & more info: http://www.lansdownepubboston.com/calendar/2019/12/31/new-years-eve-blowout-at-the-lansdowne-pub Stay nearby: Hotel Buckminster or Verb Hotel
- Secret Garden: New Year's Eve Celebration at the Liberty Hotel (215 Charles Street; 617-224-4004) - Welcome the New Year at this popular party with top Boston DJs, dancing, and live performances by the Boston Circus Guild on all levels at the Liberty. Light buffet included until 11pm. Doors open at 8pm; all must enter by 11pm. Tickets $95 general admission, VIP table $2,000 for up to 10 people (includes bottle of Gray Goose vodka and a Magnum bottle of Taittinger Brut); other VIP packages also available. Tickets & more info: https://libertyhotel.com (or use this direct link: https://www.showclix.com/event/libertynye18) Stay at the Liberty - Rates and reservations
- New Year's Eve Bash at Harpoon Brewery & Beer Hall (306 Northern Ave, Seaport) - Dance the night away at a '90s theme party - dress in your best 90s style, with DJ Brian Smith spinning hits from the '90s, and watch the Times Square ball drop at midnight from the dance floor. Tickets are $100, and include 3 beer tokens, a handmade pretzel, "breakfast for dinner" appetizers, popcorn, a raffle, and 3 beer tokens. 8pm-1am. Tickets & more info: www.harpoonbrewery.com - direct link: https://harpoonnewyear.splashthat.com/web Stay nearby: Renaissance Boston Waterfront
- Cask 'N Flagon's New Year's Eve Bash (62 Brookline Ave; firstname.lastname@example.org) - Tickets $30 (plus booking fee), which includes party favors and Champagne toast at midnight. Coat check available for $5. No dress code, but no bags allowed. Doors open at 9pm, and you should arrive by 11pm, as entrance after 11pm is subject to capacity restrictions. Tickets & more info: http://casknflagon.com Stay nearby: The Residence Inn Fenway
- Bodega Canal (57 Canal Street; 617-536-4840) - Tickets $50, which includes entry and a Champagne toast at midnight; 8:30pm - 2am. Tickets & more info: www.bodegacanal.com/ - booking link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/new-years-eve-at-bodega-tickets-53279795302 Stay nearby: Kimpton Onyx Hotel
- New Year's Eve Party & Beer Launch @ Hopsters Brewery, Seaport (51 Sleeper Street, Seaport) - Tickets $30/per person in advance; $50 at the door. Ticket includes DJ, heavy hors d'oeuvres, launch of their "New Beer" (barrel-aged Wee Heavey Scottish Ale), and "Beer Champagne" (premier bruit IPA) toast at midnight. 7pm - 2am. Tickets & more info: https://massbrewbros.com/event/hopsters-brewery-seaport-new-years-eve-party-beer-launch Stay nearby: Envoy Hotel
- New Year's Eve at The Point: All That Glitters (147 Hanover Street) - Tickets are $50, and include 2nd floor access, DJ, dancing, and Champagne Toast at midnight. Doors open at 9pm. Tickets & more info: https://www.thepointboston.net Stay nearby: Bostonian Boston Hotel
New Year's Eve Cruises
Welcome the New Year aboard the elegant yacht Northern Lights on these special New Year's Eve and New Year's Day cruises around Boston Harbor. These cruises always sell out early - so don't wait to make your reservations!
Check out all our tips on how to find discounts, deals, and promo codes for Boston hotels. Whether you're looking for bargain accommodations or want to pay less for luxury, we'll show you How to Save on Hotels in Boston.