Boston's biggest New Year's Eve party may be the gala (and free) First Night celebration, but dozens of other fun New Year's Eve parties take place all over the city in hotels, bars, restaurants, and on cruise boats with music, dancing, and of course plenty of champagne.
Some New Year's Eve parties in Boston are ticketed events where you'll want to get your reservations in advance to secure a spot - especially those where discount tickets may be available.
Other New Year's Eve events charge covers, but you can get into some just for the price of a drink.
Here's our Ultimate Guide to New Year's Eve Parties in Boston.
Please note: All information on this page will be updated closer to the event date.
Have fun, and Happy New Year!
More New Year's Eve Parties in Boston - Raise Your Glass to the Coming Year!
Tickets to many of these New Year's Eve parties may sell out quickly - so to avoid disappointment, please get your tickets in advance, or call the venue to confirm availability before you go! Most are 21+ (be prepared to show valid U.S. government ID or international passport), and those that require tickets typically offer no refunds if you're a no-show by their entrance cut-off time.
In case you want to party with your friends all night without worrying about having a designated driver, we've added links for nearby hotels. And don't forget to check out these New Year's Eve hotel specials.
- Baby New Year's Party - Whole Family Celebration at The Smoke Shop BBQ (325 Assembly Row, Somerville) - Fun activities, games, and delicious BBQ for the whole family to enjoy, with kid-friendly food as well as adult favorites and a "ball drop" at 5pm. Special appearance by Kevin Bacon, the Smoke Shop's BBQ Pig! 3pm - 5:30pm.
Tickets & more info: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/baby-new-year-at-the-smoke-shop-bbq-tickets-79020018001
Stay nearby: The Row Hotel at Assembly Row
- Burlesque: New Year's Eve Celebration at the Liberty Hotel (215 Charles Street; 617-224-4004) - Welcome the New Year at this popular party with top Boston DJs, dancing, and live performances by the Boston Circus Guild on all levels at the Liberty. Light buffet included until 11pm. Doors open at 8pm; all must enter by 11pm. Tickets $115 general admission, VIP table $2,500 for up to 10 people (includes bottle of Gray Goose vodka and a Magnum bottle of Taittinger Brut); other VIP packages also available. Tickets & more info: Use this direct link: https://www.showclix.com/event/LibertyNYE19
Stay at the Liberty - Rates and reservations
- New Year's Eve Blowout at the Lansdowne Pub (9 Lansdowne Street, Fenway) - 9pm - Live music all night, Champagne Toast, balloon drop. Dress to impress!
Tickets & more info: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/new-years-eve-blowout-at-the-lansdowne-pub-tickets-79414128797
Stay nearby: Verb Hotel
- New Year's Eve Bash at Harpoon Brewery & Beer Hall (306 Northern Ave, Seaport) - Dance the night away at a '90s theme party - dress in your best 90s style, with DJ Brian Smith spinning hits from the '90s, and watch the Times Square ball drop at midnight from the dance floor. Tickets are $100, and include 3 beer tokens, a handmade pretzel, "breakfast for dinner" appetizers, popcorn, a raffle, and 3 beer tokens. 8pm-1am.
Tickets & more info: www.harpoonbrewery.com - direct link: https://harpoonnewyear.splashthat.com/web
Stay nearby: Renaissance Boston Waterfront
- Cask 'N Flagon's New Year's Eve Bash (62 Brookline Ave; firstname.lastname@example.org) - Tickets $30 (plus booking fee), which includes party favors and Champagne toast at midnight. Coat check available for $5. No dress code, but no bags allowed. Doors open at 9pm, and you should arrive by 11pm, as entrance after 11pm is subject to capacity restrictions.
Tickets & more info: http://casknflagon.com
Stay nearby: The Residence Inn Fenway
- Bodega Canal (57 Canal Street; 617-536-4840) - Tickets $50, which includes entry and a Champagne toast at midnight; 8:30pm - 2am.
Tickets & more info: www.bodegacanal.com/ - booking link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/new-years-eve-at-bodega-tickets-53279795302
Stay nearby: Kimpton Onyx Hotel
- New Year's Eve Party & Beer Launch @ Hopsters Brewery, Seaport (51 Sleeper Street, Seaport) - Tickets $30/per person in advance; $50 at the door. Ticket includes DJ, heavy hors d'oeuvres, launch of their "New Beer" (barrel-aged Wee Heavey Scottish Ale), and "Beer Champagne" (premier bruit IPA) toast at midnight. 7pm - 2am.
Tickets & more info: https://massbrewbros.com/event/hopsters-brewery-seaport-new-years-eve-party-beer-launch
Stay nearby: Envoy Hotel
- New Year's Eve at The Point: All That Glitters (147 Hanover Street) - Tickets are $50, and include 2nd floor access, DJ, dancing, and Champagne Toast at midnight. Doors open at 9pm.
Tickets & more info: https://www.thepointboston.net
Stay nearby: Bostonian Boston Hotel
New Year's Eve Cruises
Welcome the New Year aboard the elegant yacht Northern Lights on these special New Year's Eve and New Year's Day cruises around Boston Harbor. These cruises always sell out early - so don't wait to make your reservations!
Celebrate the holidays while relaxing and sightseeing on the festively decorated Yacht Northern Lights on these special cruises around Boston Harbor:
- Holiday Brunch on Northern Lights - See historic sights and panoramic views around Boston Harbor with friends and family as you enjoy this relaxing cruise with brunch, hot chocolate, and holiday cheer - Book now
- Holiday Cocoa & Carols Cruise - Sip hot chocolate and treats as you listen to jazzy holiday favorites on this festive cruise - Book now
- Gift Card - Give the perfect holiday gift! Shop now
More Fun Things to Do in Boston
More to Do in Boston in December
Boston Events Each Month
More Articles about New Year's Eve in Boston
Need a Boston Hotel or Apartment?
Use this handy map from Booking.com to find the perfect place to stay. Just enter your dates to find what's available, see the best rates, and make your reservations.