Boston's biggest New Year's Eve party may be the gala (and free) First Night celebration, but dozens of other fun New Year's Eve parties take place all over the city in hotels, bars, restaurants, and on cruise boats with music, dancing, and of course plenty of champagne.
Some New Year's Eve parties in Boston are ticketed events where you'll want to get your reservations in advance to secure a spot - especially those where discount tickets may be available.
Other New Year's Eve events charge covers, but you can get into some just for the price of a drink.
Here's our Ultimate Guide to New Year's Eve Parties in Boston.
More New Year's Eve Parties in Boston - Raise Your Glass to the Coming Year!
Tickets to many of these New Year's Eve parties may sell out quickly - so to avoid disappointment, please get your tickets in advance, or call the venue to confirm availability before you go! Most are 21+ (be prepared to show valid U.S. government ID or international passport), and those that require tickets typically offer no refunds if you're a no-show by their entrance cut-off time.
In case you want to party with your friends all night without worrying about having a designated driver, we've added links for nearby hotels. And don't forget to check out these New Year's Eve hotel specials.
- Burlesque: New Year's Eve Celebration at the Liberty Hotel (215 Charles Street; 617-224-4004) - Welcome the New Year at this popular party with top Boston DJs, dancing, and live performances by the Boston Circus Guild on all levels at the Liberty. Light buffet included until 11pm. Doors open at 8pm; all must enter by 11pm. Tickets $115 general admission, VIP table $2,500 for up to 10 people (includes bottle of Gray Goose vodka and a Magnum bottle of Taittinger Brut); other VIP packages also available. Tickets & more info: Use this direct link: https://www.showclix.com/event/LibertyNYE19 Stay at the Liberty - Rates and reservations
- New Year's Eve Bash at Harpoon Brewery & Beer Hall (306 Northern Ave, Seaport) - Dance the night away at a '90s theme party - dress in your best 90s style, with DJ Brian Smith spinning hits from the '90s, and watch the Times Square ball drop at midnight from the dance floor. Tickets are $100, and include 3 beer tokens, a handmade pretzel, "breakfast for dinner" appetizers, popcorn, a raffle, and 3 beer tokens. 8pm-1am. Tickets & more info: www.harpoonbrewery.com - direct link: https://harpoonnewyear.splashthat.com/web Stay nearby: Renaissance Boston Waterfront
- Cask 'N Flagon's New Year's Eve Bash (62 Brookline Ave; email@example.com) - Tickets $30 (plus booking fee), which includes party favors and Champagne toast at midnight. Coat check available for $5. No dress code, but no bags allowed. Doors open at 9pm, and you should arrive by 11pm, as entrance after 11pm is subject to capacity restrictions. Tickets & more info: http://casknflagon.com Stay nearby: The Residence Inn Fenway
- Bodega Canal (57 Canal Street; 617-536-4840) - Tickets $50, which includes entry and a Champagne toast at midnight; 8:30pm - 2am. Tickets & more info: www.bodegacanal.com/ - booking link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/new-years-eve-at-bodega-tickets-53279795302 Stay nearby: Kimpton Onyx Hotel
- New Year's Eve Party & Beer Launch @ Hopsters Brewery, Seaport (51 Sleeper Street, Seaport) - Tickets $30/per person in advance; $50 at the door. Ticket includes DJ, heavy hors d'oeuvres, launch of their "New Beer" (barrel-aged Wee Heavey Scottish Ale), and "Beer Champagne" (premier bruit IPA) toast at midnight. 7pm - 2am. Tickets & more info: https://massbrewbros.com/event/hopsters-brewery-seaport-new-years-eve-party-beer-launch Stay nearby: Envoy Hotel
- New Year's Eve at The Point: All That Glitters (147 Hanover Street) - Tickets are $50, and include 2nd floor access, DJ, dancing, and Champagne Toast at midnight. Doors open at 9pm. Tickets & more info: https://www.thepointboston.net Stay nearby: Bostonian Boston Hotel
- New Year's Eve Party at Lir (903 Boylston Street; 617-778-0089) - Ring in the New Year at this popular Irish sports bar. Enjoy favorite hits from the past year, and a Champagne Toast at midnight! Enter as early as 8pm; entrance after 11pm guaranteed. Tickets $12 - TO BE CONFIRMED for 2019 Tickets & more info: www.lironboylston.com Stay nearby: Sheraton Boston Hotel
New Year's Eve Cruises
Welcome the New Year aboard the elegant yacht Northern Lights on these special New Year's Eve and New Year's Day cruises around Boston Harbor. These cruises always sell out early - so don't wait to make your reservations!
Celebrate the holidays while relaxing and sightseeing on the festively decorated Yacht Northern Lights on these special cruises around Boston Harbor:
An Irish Christmas Carol Cruise - Get into the holiday spirit with Slainte, the Northern Lights' house Irish band. Raise your glass as you join in singing some merry Irish holiday ballads on this 90 minute Harbor cruise - Find out more
Cocoa & Carols Holiday Cruise - Join in singing your favorite Christmas holiday songs led by the Blue Motion Jazz Quartet on this cozy 90 minute Harbor Cruise on the Northern Lights with drinks and snacks available for purchase at the yacht's Main Deck Bar. - Find out more
Holiday Sunset Cruise - As the ship's captain points out highlights of passing landmarks and soft music plays in the background, watch the ever-changing sunset colors as the sun sets behind Boston's city skyline on this relaxing 90 minute cruise around the Harbor. Find out more
Holiday Jazz Cruise - Relax to the sounds of jazzy Christmas tunes performed live by Blue Motion Jazz Quartet, and enjoy an adult beverage on this 90 minute romantic evening cruise past iconic attractions along the Boston waterfront - Find out more
Holiday Brunch Cruise - See historic sights and panoramic views around Boston Harbor as you enjoy this 2 hour narrated cruise including hot chocolate and brunch (Mimosas, Bloody Marys, and spiked hot chocolate available at the bar) - Find out more
Cocoa & Blues Holiday Cruise - Enjoy Boston's sparkling skyline at night along with spiked hot chocolate or a glass of champagne as City of Four, Northern Lights' house R&B/funk band, plays contemporary versions of holiday classics inspired by Stevie Wonder, James Brown, and the Temptations - Find out more
Check out all our tips on how to find discounts, deals, and promo codes for Boston hotels. Whether you're looking for bargain accommodations or want to pay less for luxury, we'll show you How to Save on Hotels in Boston.