Disney on Ice arrives Boston every winter as a top family fun event and usually presents two different shows - one in December-January, and the other in February.
With talented performers in costumes portraying all your favorite Disney characters, this fabulous ice show never fails to dazzle with its perfectly balanced mix of dance, unforgettable music, and exciting moments.
The Disney shows take place at Agganis Arena or TD Garden, Boston's two premier ice rinks.
Both venues are super-convenient to reach by subway and car.
Get ready for a magical journey with Disney on Ice!
You'll feel inspired to Dare to Dream when Mickie Mouse and Minnie Mouse share the exciting stories of five courageous Disney princesses, enacted by the dazzling performers skating across the ice. You'll thrill with the adventures of Rapunzel, Belle, Cinderella, Moana, and Anna and Elsa, plus all of their animal friends, Fairy Godmothers, and even the seven dwarfs.
Your whole family will laugh at the enchanting stories from Tangled, Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, Moana and Frozen.
Ticket Discount Code: TicketLiquidator - Enter TLSUMMER to get $10 off orders of $250+
Dates: February 16 - 25, 2018
Location: TD Garden
Parking: Parking garages behind and near the arena - you'll see plenty of signs
Nearest subway: North Station
Coming to an event at the Garden? Spend the night or the weekend at a nearby hotels, such as the glamorous Onyx (shown in photo), part of the Kimpton hotel family:
More top hotels near the Garden:
The area around the Garden is also home to many of the city's top sports bars - perfect for lunch or dinner before or after Disney on Ice.
In particular, The Fours, Sports Grille, and Boston Beer Works are all particularly family-friendly.
More to Do Near TD Garden
If you're visiting TD Garden with kids, take them to visit the Sports Museum in the Garden - lots of fun to see the history of Boston's many winning sports teams! Check the Sports Museum website before you go to make sure they're open, because they close on holidays and during certain Garden events.
More Fun Things to See & Do in Boston
Agganis Arena is located on the western end of Boston University's campus.
If you want to see other Boston attractions before or after your show, getting to them is easy. The subway's Green Line/B Branch runs down the center of Commonwealth Avenue, so you can board it right in front of the Arena at the BU West stop and be at Fenway Park in less than five minutes, in Copley Square in 7-8 minutes, and on Boston Common in 10-12 minutes.
Or you can easily walk to all of these locations - from Agganis Arena to Boston Common is about a mile. Depending on how fast you walk, getting there on foot may be even faster than taking the T (subway).
These hotels are within walking distance of Agganis Arena, or just a short ride on the subway:
- Hotel Commonwealth - Luxury accommodations on Commonwealth Ave at Kenmore Square; about 3/4 mile from Agganis Arena, so walk or take the subway's Green Line - Rates & reservations
- Holiday Inn Boston-Brookline - Mid-priced hotel about a 10 minute walk from Agganis Arena, with large (for Boston) rooms and suites and an indoor pool - Rates & reservations
- Buckminster Hotel - Budget hotel near Fenway Park; about 3/4 mile from Agganis Arena - walk or take the subway's Green Line - Rates & reservations
- Residence Inn Fenway - Suites and included breakfast make this the perfect place for families. It's on Boylston Street near Fenway Park - but you can easily walk to Kenmore Square and take the Green Line to Agganis Arena (usually a less than 5-minute trip) - Rates & reservations
Because Boston is so compact, you can stay anywhere in the city and still not be far away. Use our Boston Hotel Guide to find recommendations by location, as well as bargain hotels, luxury hotels, etc.
To get to Agganis Arena from these hotels, just hop on the "B" branch of the subway's Green Line.
If you want to grab a bite to eat (burgers, burritos, pizza) before or after the show, you'll find plenty of affordable casual choices along Comm Ave near the Arena, particular on the block to the west (away from downtown).
For more upscale dining:
- Eastern Standard (528 Commonwealth Ave - several blocks east of the Arena) - Upscale French-style brasserie with a wide range of choices at different price points and a terrific bar
- Island Creek Oyster Bar (in Hotel Commonwealth, 500 Comm Ave) - Renowned seafood bar featuring local seafood and produce - although you can also get a really good burger there
- Restaurants near Fenway Park - In particular, check out the restaurants along Boylston Street, where you'll find everything from the city's best BBQ to a top chef's casual (and very affordable Greek) spot to sports bars and burgers. To get to Boylston Street restaurants from Agganis Arena, just walk or take the T (subway) to Kenmore Square and walk a couple of blocks south past Fenway Park, and you'll be on Boylston Street
More to Do Near Agganis Arena
Disney On Ice takes place at Agganis Arena during the height of Boston's holiday season - so check out all the Christmas festivities in Boston.
Going to a performance on December 31 or January 1? Join the First Night/First Day celebrations on New Year's Eve and New Year's Day.
Check out all our tips on how to find discounts, deals, and promo codes for Boston hotels. Whether you're looking for bargain accommodations or want to pay less for luxury, we'll show you How to Save on Hotels in Boston.
More about how to save on Boston hotels
You'll love Follow Your Heart, an incredible undersea adventure starring your favorite forgetful fish, Dory, along with best friends Nemo, Marlin, and new buddy Hank. As the spectacular skating show unfolds, the ice transforms into a colorful deep-sea world of beauty, mystery, and adventure.
Follow Your Heart takes every person in the audience on a special voyage of self-discovery while weaving together stories about courage, compassion, and perseverance. Wonderful show for the whole family to enjoy!
Location: TD Garden in Boston
Adventure and courage entice you to Dream Big as your favorite Disney stories come to life on the ice. As Tinkerbell scatters her enchanted Pixie dust, you'll see Ariel explore life above the waves, discover a new world with courageous Jasmine, and follow Snow White, Aurora, and Tiana as they show you how to always be strong, kind, and fearless.
As the talented performers make daring acrobatics, high jumps, and dazzling skating across the ice, you'll feel the excitement of traveling to the worlds of Arendelle, Anna, Elsa and Olaf from Frozen, watch Rapunzel, Cinderella, and Belle learn about the power to make their own magic, and see many more of your favorite Disney characters.
Dream Big is a wonderful show your whole family will enjoy and remember!
Location: Agganis Arena
Get ready to fall in love all over again as a cast of over 50 performers dazzle you with Mickie, Minnie, Donald Duck, Snow White, Rapunzel, Cinderella, Frozen's Anna, Elsa, and Olaf, and all your other Disney friends.
You'll relive exciting moments from Finding Nemo, The Lion King, and Beauty in the Beast, and sing along to over 30 memorable songs.
Location: TD Garden in Boston