Did you know that staying in a Boston Logan Airport hotel can save you lots of money, give you easy access to downtown Boston, and even offer you spectacular waterfront views?
If you are flying to Boston for a business meeting or have an early flight out of Logan Airport, Boston's two airport hotels - the Hyatt Boston Harbor Hotel and the Hilton Logan Hotel - fall squarely into the "no brainer" category for convenience.
But for other visitors, these hotels represent a "hidden secret" category of great bargain Boston hotels.
Top photo: Boston Harbor views from Hilton Boston Logan Hotel
5 Compelling Reasons Why to Choose a Logan Airport Hotel
1. Very attractive rates - especially when compared with the Downtown Boston hotels right across the Harbor.
- Check rates and reviews for the Hilton Hotel Boston Logan
- Check rates and reviews at the Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor
2. Downtown Boston is only 7-8 minutes away by water taxi
3. Larger rooms and nicer amenities than you'll find at most affordable Downtown Boston hotels
4. Great indoor swimming pools and fitness facilities
5. Spectacular city skyline and waterfront views at a fraction of the price you'd pay for similar views downtown
Why You Might NOT Want to Stay at Logan Airport
Now admittedly, there are a couple of disadvantages to staying in an airport hotel:
- Downtown Boston is 7-8 minutes away by water (usually a little longer by T or land taxi). If you need fast access to your room at various points during the day, you may be happier if you stay closer to wherever you need to be most of the time.
- Although both airport hotels have nice restaurants, you won't have the number and variety of dining and nightlife options that you would have in the city.
But if you don't care about these things, check out what each of Boston's airport hotels offers.
Hilton Hotel Logan Airport
If you want an airport hotel that connects via an enclosed Skywalk directly to Logan Airport's Terminal A and E, you'll want to stay at the Hilton Logan Airport.
With complementary shuttle service to the water taxi, subway stop, and other terminals, the Hilton Hotel Logan Airport offers ultimate convenience plus fabulous views of the water and city skyline.
You can also enjoy the pool. Rates are usually very affordable.
Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor Hotel
If you're interested in Boston waterfront views but also want the convenience of a Logan Airport hotel, you'll enjoy the Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor Hotel's great waterfront location and spectacular views.
An indoor swimming pool is a nice plus.
With complementary shuttle service to the water taxi and subway stop, you're only 10 minutes away from the excitement of Boston's downtown waterfront.
If you check around, you can often find attractive rates and check out what other recent visitors say about the Hyatt Boston Harbor.
Boston Insider Tip: Hilton vs Hyatt - Which Airport Hotel Should You Choose?
Both of these Logan Airport hotels are excellent. You'll be happy with either one!
So how do you choose?
With so many renowned downtown hotels just across the Harbor, they have to compete for guests - so look for affordable rates, larger rooms, super amenities, nice pools, and fantastic views.
More Hotel Choices near the Airport
If you're flying from Boston to another city, be sure to check out Boston Logan stay-and-fly hotels where you can get free parking while you're away.
Logan Airport parking costs a lot, so complimentary parking at your Boston Logan Airport hotel may save you a lot of money.
Worried about convenient access to the city?
No problem! Water taxis zip you across the harbor from the airport to Rowes Wharf in only 10 minutes.
Alternately, check out Boston rental car options.
Things to Do in Boston during Your Stay***y-gyg-boston-tours-shtml***
Boston Logan Airport Hotel Map
Enter your travel dates to see hotels available rooms and get accurate rates.
More Articles about Boston Hotels
- Boston Waterfront Hotels - Find more hotels on Boston's waterfront
- Inexpensive Boston Hotels - Where to find cheap and discounted hotel rates in the pricey Boston hotel market
- Boston Discount Hotels - Don't need fancy Italian linens or designer soaps in your hotel room? You'll find some real bargains at these hotels
- Boston Stay & Fly Airport Hotels - Did you know you can save on rates by staying at the airport, only an 8-minute water taxi ride to Downtown Boston?
- Theatre District Hotels - Find where to stay near Boston's most popular theaters
Need a Boston Hotel or Apartment?
Use this handy map from Booking.com to find the perfect place to stay. Just enter your dates to find what's available, see the best rates, and make your reservations.