Looking for discount tickets to shows, events, tours, and cruises? Boston Discovery Guide will show you where to find them.
Groupon and BosTix offer discounted tickets to Boston theater, shows, comedy, sports, tours, music, and dance events - plus occasionally even half price tickets.
If you're looking for the cheapest tickets for an evening of entertainment, here's where you'll find them.
Bostix focuses primarily on theater, dance, music, and comedy shows.
In contrast, Groupon offers half-price tickets on all of these events, as well as deep-discount tickets for sports, tours, Boston Harbor cruises, the circus, and other entertainment and attractions as well.
Top photo: Boston's Downtown Theatre District, (c) Boston Discovery Guide
Boston Discovery Guide is a reader-supported publication. When you buy through our links, we may earn a commission at no additional cost for you. Learn more
Groupon routinely offers savings of up to 50% or more on a very wide range of theater, entertainment, sports events, tours, and cruises.
In addition to half price theater tickets, comedy clubs, and other performing arts, Groupon frequently offers tickets for Boston Harbor dinner cruises, sports events, and special performances by groups such as Cirque du Soleil.
How to benefit:
- Check out their offers, and start looking at tickets, dates, and prices to see all choices
- Most tickets become available several weeks before the event - but others may be added at the last minute, so it pays to sign-up for the free e-mail alerts
- You do everything on line, at your convenience
- Service fee: Typically $2.50 - $3.50 per ticket
- Groupon also offers tickets for cities beyond Boston - Chicago, D.C., Las Vegas, Los Angeles, & more
When Boston venues have extra tickets to certain performances, they sell them for half price or discounts through BosTix, a local ticket-selling program. BosTix also offers full-price tickets.
What you'll find:
- Best deals: Primarily available for theater tickets (Broadway shows to experimental), comedy clubs, concerts (classical to rock), dance, and children's events. Usually up to 50% savings, plus full-price tickets.
- Pick up options: You can pick up most advance-sale tickets at the venue's box office an hour before showtime. You'll need to pick up same-day tickets in person at the BosTix booth in Copley Square or Faneuil Hall Marketplace.
- Service fee: Typically $3.50 - $7.50 per ticket. ArtsBoston, their parent organization, invests proceeds from these fees in the local arts community.
- Copley Square, corner of Boylston and Dartmouth; nearest T station: Orange Line/Back Bay
- Faneuil Hall Marketplace, near the west end entrance of Quincy Market; nearest T station: Orange Line/Haymarket
More Articles about Boston Deals, Discounts, & Savings
- Boston Discount Cards - Find out about the best way to save the most on museums, tours, and attractions
- Boston Deals, Discounts, & Coupons - Where to find savings on Boston hotels, attractions, shows, museums, events, cruises, and tours
- GoBoston Card - How to save the most with this popular discount card
- Boston Events - Check what's happening each month
- Boston Red Sox Tickets - Where to find the best tickets at the best prices
- Inexpensive Boston Hotels - Where to find cheap and discounted hotel rates in the pricey Boston hotel market
Need a Boston Hotel or Apartment?
Use this handy map from Booking.com to find the perfect place to stay. Just enter your dates to find what's available, see the best rates, and make your reservations.