Looking for half-price and discount tickets to shows, events, tours, and cruises? Boston Discovery Guide will show you where to find them.
Goldstar Events and BosTix offer HALF PRICE tickets to Boston theater, shows, comedy, sports, tours, music, and dance events - plus occasionally even free tickets.
If you're looking for the cheapest tickets for an evening of entertainment, here's where you'll find them.
Although both both groups offer deep-discount, same day, and half-price tickets to many top Boston events, Bostix focuses primarily on theater, dance, music, and comedy shows.
In contrast, Goldstar offers half-price tickets on all of these events, as well as deep-discount tickets for sports, tours, Boston Harbor cruises, the circus, and other entertainment and attractions as well.
Which is better?
It depends on what you're looking for. They often have different tickets on offer, so it pays to look at both.
Goldstar will send you weekly alerts about their offers and special deals. Sign up for ticket alerts as soon as you start planning your Boston trip to get the Boston discount ticket alerts.
Here's a snapshot of what you'll find from both ticket discounters.
Goldstar Events routinely offers savings of up to 50% or more on a very wide range of theater, entertainment, sports events, tours, and cruises.
Sometimes, they offer free passes. Once you sign up for Goldstar discounts, they'll notify you instantly when free tickets are available.
In addition to half price theater tickets, comedy clubs, and other performing arts, Goldstar frequently offers tickets for Boston Harbor dinner cruises, and special performances by groups such as Cirque du Soleil.
How to benefit:
- Sign up for free, and start looking at tickets, dates, and prices to see all choices
- Most tickets become available several weeks before the event - but others may be added at the last minute, so it pays to sign-up for the free e-mail alerts
- You do everything on line, at your convenience
- Service fee: Typically $2.50 - $3.50 per ticket.
- Goldstar Events also offers tickets for cities beyond Boston - Chicago, D.C., Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, New York, Orange County CA, Portland Oregon, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, and Seattle.
When Boston venues have extra tickets to certain performances, they sell them for half price or discounts through BosTix, a local ticket-selling program. BosTix also offers full-price tickets.
What you'll find:
- Best deals: Primarily available for theater tickets (Broadway shows to experimental), comedy clubs, concerts (classical to rock), dance, and children's events. Usually up to 50% savings, plus full-price tickets.
- Pick up options: You can pick up most advance-sale tickets at the venue's box office an hour before showtime. You'll need to pick up same-day tickets in person at the BosTix booth in Copley Square or Faneuil Hall Marketplace.
- Service fee: Typically $3.50 - $7.50 per ticket. ArtsBoston, their parent organization, invests proceeds from these fees in the local arts community.
- Copley Square, corner of Boylston and Dartmouth; nearest T station: Orange Line/Back Bay
- Faneuil Hall Marketplace, near the west end entrance of Quincy Market; nearest T station: Orange Line/Haymarket