Top Paris events for September include re-éntre - the return of Parisians to the city, feeling energized after a month or more of vacation relaxation and excited about all the activities, new shows at theaters, museums and concert halls, and festivals filling the September calendar.
If you're visiting Paris this month, catch the tail-end of summer at Paris Plages along the Seine and the Classique au Vert Music Festival at Parc Floral during the first couple of days in September. More top events include the prestigeous and enormous Paris Auto Show, European Heritage Days, Garden Festival, Paris Fashion Week, and a Jazz Festival.
Will you see any fall foliage in the city's many famous parks? Maybe a few hints of gold toward the end of the month - but otherwise, expect lots of plants still in full bloom and beauty everywhere. Days should still be warm - but bring a warm sweater to wear at night.
September Concerts in Paris - 2018
- Concerts at La Sainte-Chapelle on September 1, 2, 7, 8, 9, 14, 15, 16, 21, 22, 23, 28, 29, 30 - Tickets
- Incubus - L'Olympia - September 2 - Tickets
- Janelle Monae - Grande Halle de la Villette - Tickets
- U2 - AccorHotels Arena - Sept 8, 9, 12, 13 - Tickets
- Concert at the Eiffel Tower - September 15, 22 - Tickets
- Jimmy Buffett - La Cigale - Sept 26, 28, Sept 29 - Tickets
- Concerts in Saint Germain des Près Church - September 29 - Tickets
The Paris Auto Show (Mondial de L'Automobile) is the largest in the world in terms of attendees - 11+ million visitors at last year's event. The show takes place in Paris only during even-numbered years - and 2018 is an "on" year.
European Heritage Days (Journées Européans du Patrimoine)
Hundreds of Paris museums, heritage sites, and and public spaces - including many that are open to the public only for this event - welcome visitors this weekend with fascinating tours and presentations.
Give those you can visit anytime, such as the Louvre and Hôtel de Ville, and head to
Silhouette Short Film Festival. The Silhouette Festival features seven days of French and international short films, followed by an awards ceremony. - Parc des Buttes Chaumont