What are Boston Essentials? In a nutshell: Everything you need to know to plan your trip to Boston and have a terrific time while you're here.
- Planning your trip - what to do and what to avoid
- What to pack (and where to do affordable emergency shopping if you forget something)
- How to get around once you're here (and what to avoid, such as driving)
- Boston weather - not only what to expect each month, but also some tips about hurricanes, blizzards, and other quirky conditions
- Where to get the best free maps, the most useful guidebooks, and even (because you're sure to fall in love with our food) cookbooks by Boston chefs
- How to eat a lobster (without making a huge mess)
- For Boston's Cruise Port visitors, everything you'll need to know to enjoy your shore excursion here - plus info about cruises departing from Boston to Bermuda, the Caribbbean, New England, Canada, and Europe
- Plus all the other useful things we think you might want to know
More Planning Advice
What to Pack - Our best tips
Boston Events - Can't decide when to come? Find top events for each month
Boston History Timeline - Need a refresher when you're seeing Boston's historic sites? Our timeline covers the highlights of Boston history
Boston Travel Questions - Check out our answers.
Here are our most popular articles about how to get around Boston, parking in the city, and easy ways to get to other key destinations:
Here three popular ways to see the city and top attractions:
More Sightseeing Tours & Cruises:
Do you have an airport or cruise layover, and want to store your luggage for the day while you explore the city? Here is information about your best options:
Check out all our tips on how to find discounts, deals, and promo codes for Boston hotels. We'll show you How to Save on Hotels in Boston.
Or, go straight to these offers: